Saltwater Tropic Plus Series - Tarpon Fly Line
The Tropic Plus Series Tarpon features our slick-hard Tropic Plus coating paired with a strong monofilament core that resists tangling and withstands blistering heat. Read more
The Tropic Plus Series Tarpon features our slick-hard Tropic Plus coating paired with a strong monofilament core that resists tangling and withstands blistering heat. The elongated rear taper and short front taper are ideal for quick changes in line direction and positive turn over.
TAPER: Weight Forward
• High Floating
• Slick Hard Finish
• Dual Welded Loops
- Welded loops make rigging fast, easy and reliable. Cortland loops are strong, secure and durable.
- ST coating delivers a reduced-friction performance with a glass-smooth finish and remains a key element in line slickness over its life span.
- The perfect blend of advanced polymers to achieve a hard, durable surface that remains slick in extreme heat.
- Ideal use in 50 - 70 degree (F) temperatures
- Ideal use in 70 + degree (F) temperatures
The only thing better than spotting feeding Tarpon on the deck of a flat’s skiff is having a line that will consistently deliver flies into the feeding zone. We designed this line for capitalizing on quick opportunities when Tarpon are on the feed bag.
Our Tarpon Taper is built with a short 7’ body for quickly transferring energy into your cast and delivering flies efficiently. The 31’ back taper helps carry line in the air when longer casts are necessary and allows for quick pickups when the fish are on the move. The short 3’ front taper effortlessly turns over any tarpon patterns and weighted flies.
This line features a monofilament core and our signature tropic plus coating for withstanding the hottest temperatures while still remaining slick, supple and fast shooting. The aqua green and sand color combination distinguishes taper change and is stealthy out on the flats.