The Liquid Crystal Series Guide taper is our slickest, most versatile tropic floating line for extreme heat. A half line size heavy, this taper matches modern action rods perfectly to deliver short and long range casts. Read more
The Liquid Crystal Series Guide taper is our slickest, most versatile tropic floating line for extreme heat. A half line size heavy, this taper matches modern action rods perfectly to deliver short and long range casts. An extended back taper allows for fast line pick up for when the fish are on the move.
PECIES: BONEFISH / REDFISH / PERMIT / MILKFISH / TRIGGER FISH / TARPON / SNOOK
TAPER: Weight Forward
• Highly Visible Sea Foam
• Aggressive Taper
• Minimal Line Stretch
- Welded loops make rigging fast, easy and reliable. Cortland loops are strong, secure and durable.
- ST coating delivers a reduced-friction performance with a glass-smooth finish and remains a key element in line slickness over its life span.
- Liquid Crystal Lines are built with a blend of polyethylene compounds (PE) over a monofilament core resulting in the toughest, slickest-shooting, floating fly lines.
- Ideal use in 50 - 70 degree (F) temperatures
- Ideal use in 70 + degree (F) temperatures
Our Liquid Crystal Guide Taper is the most versatile saltwater line we have to offer. We designed this line for loading fast action rods quickly and capitalizing on feeding windows.
Our Guide Taper is built with a short 6’ body for quickly transferring energy into your cast and delivering flies efficiently. The 29’ back taper helps carry line in the air when longer casts are necessary and allows for quick pickups when the fish are on the move. The short 3’ front taper effortlessly turns over any large patterns and weighted flies.
This line features a monofilament core and our signature Liquid Crystal jacket material for withstanding extreme heat while still remaining slick, supple and fast shooting. The Guide Taper is finished in Seafoam Green and is built a half line size heavy.