Saltwater Fly Lines - Flats Taper Clear
The Liquid Crystal Series Flats Taper is one of the toughest, advanced tropic lines on the market. Virtually invisible, this line will allow you to approach finicky flats species Read more
The Liquid Crystal Series Flats Taper is one of the toughest, advanced tropic lines on the market. Virtually invisible, this line will allow you to approach finicky flats species with a level of stealth in shallow, clear water. The Hard PE coating remains slick and hard for long days on the flats.
SPECIES: BONEFISH / REDFISH / PERMIT / MILKFISH / TRIGGER FISH / TARPON / SNOOK
TAPER: Weight Forward
• Full Clear Floating
• Slick Shooting
• Minimal Line Stretch
- Welded loops make rigging fast, easy and reliable. Cortland loops are strong, secure and durable.
- ST coating delivers a reduced-friction performance with a glass-smooth finish and remains a key element in line slickness over its life span.
- Liquid Crystal Lines are built with a blend of polyethylene compounds (PE) over a monofilament core resulting in the toughest, slickest-shooting, floating fly lines.
- Ideal use in 50 - 70 degree (F) temperatures
- Ideal use in 70 + degree (F) temperatures
When stealthy presentations are required in shallow water, our Flats Taper is the most versatile line for the job.
Our Flats Taper Clear was built with multiple species in mind featuring a short 14’ body for quickly transferring energy into your cast and delivering flies efficiently. The 26’ back taper helps carry line in the air when longer casts are necessary and allows for quick pickups when the fish are on the move. The short 6’ front taper effortlessly turns over weighted and non-weighted patterns without compromising subtle presentations.
This line features a monofilament core and our signature liquid crystal coating for withstanding the hottest temperatures while still remaining slick, supple and fast shooting. This clear line remains virtually invisible to fish and gives the angler an edge when targeting species laid up in shallow water.